Strange Places Podcast: Adventuring Responsibly with Phill Monson
Phill joins me to talk about his work raising awareness on how to be a better steward of the environment.
Listen to the episode:
Photo: Phill cleaning up Big Cottonwood Canyon
In this episode learn about:
- The massive rise of nature photos on Instagram (pros & cons)
- Big Cottonwood Canyon's little trash problem
- Phill's brand Entrada Outdoor: "Adventure Responsibly & Clean up your sh🌲t"
- Goldfish thinking: why discussions about Salt Lake City's air only occur during January through March
- People sharpieing rocks, discarded dirty diapers, old tires and more weird found trash
- A license to... Hike? Signage for fake fines, and other creative ideas to tackle the growing trash problem in national parks
- Social Media mob justice for vandals
- Poppypocalypse superbloom photos by IG Influencers and their copycats
- Witnessed: a river of garbage right off screen in Bali Instagram glamour photo shoot
- ... and more ...