Strange Places Podcast: A Healthy Appetite for Misadventure with Anthony and Ross
Anthony and Ross join me and tell stories of going for big goals and sometimes going a little too big.
Listen to the episode:
Photo: Anthony climbing in the Dolomites, Italy
In this episode learn about:
- Anthony & Ross summit the Matterhorn in Italy (the "Perfect Peak") with only 6 months of mountaineering experience
- "Small Lake City" abroad: Anthony running into a fellow SLC'er in New Zealand
- Are you a mountaineering "gumby"? Find out how Anthony went from Gumby to Guru
- Words of wisdom: "If you struggle going up... You’re going to have a hell of a time getting down."
- Using "Pre-Mortem" analysis to stay safe during mountaineering expeditions
- Mountain picks in the USA:
- The Wind River range in Wyoming
- Sandstone towers in the Moab desert in Utah
- Ultra prominent peaks like Wheeler Peak in the Great Basin in Nevada
- Mount Stuart in the Cascades in Washington
- Anthventures --- "adventures" with Anthony such as:
- Sleeping in a pit toilet to weather a snow-storm
- Being trapped on a glacier for 8 days with only 4 days of food
- Stalking a black bear for 4 hours after he stole your bike bag
- ... and more ...